Hip pain is a common problem that affects many people making it difficult to walk, stand and sit. Hip pain has many causes making essential to be evaluated properly to find the true cause. There are many conditions that can cause hip pain, including:
- Trochanteric Bursitis: This is a common condition that causes inflammation to the bursa over and outside the hip joint.
- Tendonitis: This is inflammation to the tendons in the hip. A common type is Iliotibial Band Tendonitis.
- Osetoarthritis: This is chronic degeneration and breakdown of the cartilage and joint surfaces of the hip joint. This is caused by injuries and repetive mechanical stress. Osteoarthrits in hip is many times caused by dysfunction in other areas , such as foot and knee problems and overall postural problems.
- Osteonecrosis: This is a condition that is caused by a restriction of blood flow to the hip joint. This causes the cells to die and the bone to weaken and breakdown. Many times this is the result of untreated hip injuries.
- Snapping Hip Syndrome: This is a general term to describe three different problems. One in which a tight iliotibial band snaps over the outside of the hip. The second is caused by tight hip flexors snap over the front of the hip joint. The last is when tears in the cartilage or labrum inside the hip joint causes a snapping.
- Hip Dysplasia: This is a condition that a person is born with in which the hip joint has not developed normally and is out of position.
All of these conditions will require different types of treatments to provide optimal results. At Advanced Healthcare, we take the time to determine which condition you have, and which treatment will create the best results. The best results are produced by a combination of different approaches, including physical therapy, chiropractic, natural and medical interventions.
If you are continuing to have problems and symptoms and you are not getting answers, then stop being frustrated! Help is available!
Call Advanced Healthcare of the Palm Beaches at 561-296-1715 to schedule a complimentary consultation.